Saturday, May 9, 2009

The babies have arrived!

Friday May 8th we welcomed our little ones into the world, after my water broke at 1:30 am. Introducing:

Eli Marcus
3lbs 14 oz
17.5 in.


Emerson Elaine
3lbs 3oz
16.75 in.


I'm too sore and exhausted to go into details now but Eli is breathing on his own, while Emerson is on CPAP. The whole birth story to come later. I'm hoping I am able to go down and see them some more today. I only saw them briefly yesterday after the C-section (for about a minute each). I've been dependent on Marcus for video and pictures.

8 comments:

Jessica White said...

They are absolutely beautiful Sadie! Congrats!

Debbie said...

The word on the street is that they are the most beautiful in the whole nursery!!
Mark told me. He said he looked at them all, and yep, they were the most beautiful.

Anonymous said...

congratulations! they are so beautiful!

Christi said...

Awww, what beautiful babies! Congrats!

Stacie said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Congratulations!! I love the names (my best friend's daughter is an Emerson). I just found your blog a couple of days ago and hadn't had time to post. Your babies are beautiful and I wish your family all the best!

May said...

Argh! I step away from the computer for the weekend and miss the whole thing!!!

Congratulations- they are beautiful. And STRONG. I can tell!!

Queenie. . . said...

Congrat's!!! I LOVE the names, and Am so glad to hear they are doing well. Wishing you recovery, and them speedy growth and minimal problems.