Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fun times at the doctor...

This morning I had a physical which is required for the next step in my career path. I was pretty amused on a couple of occasions as the nurse and doctor asked me questions:

Nurse: Number of pregnancies?

Me: one

Nurse: Number of births

Me: two

She did a huge double take and looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "Okay then two pregnancies?"

Me: Nope just the one I had twins. (Then she laughed and seemed really relieved that I wasn't in fact an idiot).

Then later the doctor asked: What do you use for birth control?

Me: Infertility

Awkward confused silence follows. I explain our diagnosis, to which she responds, "so uh how did your children come to be?" I explained some more and all she could muster was a thumbs up and a "good for you."

Marcus couldn't believe I actually said infertility as our means of birth control haha but it's the truth.

I was pretty amused though. Sometimes it's the little things.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I need to use that next time they ask me: I always just go into a lengthy response.

Sounds like it was a fun time :-)