Saturday, March 26, 2011

A day of nothing...

which is exactly what I needed. I have the best husband ever for many reason. He's a great dad, he's funny, he's kind, he's thoughtful, but most of all he just loves me and wants to help me even when he doesn't know how. I've been really stressed out and exhausted these last few weeks for a lot of reasons.

One of the problems with being over qualified for a job is that people pile stuff on, because they know I can do it all for a low bargain price. It's a huge catch 22 for me, because ultimately I want to be doing all of the stuff they pile on me. So saying no implies that I am not appreciative of the opportunity to do the work. However, the huge huge downside is I end up doing the equivalent of two jobs with little to no compensation and everyday more gets piled on.

Add in the fact that I'm also tutor, have twins, and all of my papers and documents for ordination are due on April 3rd and I'm spent. Marcus knows this and he can't actually really take all of it all but today what he did was let me sleep.

I woke up at 10am this morning really confused because all was quiet. No babies, no Marcus just quiet. He purposefully got the babies out of bed and downstairs because he knew I needed the rest.

Then my tutoring student cancelled for today which left nothing planned. So I slept some more when the babies went down for a nap. Even though I have 3 million things I need to do it was really wonderful to have a day of nothing but sleep and rest.

No comments: