Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What I read in June & July...

I never had a chance to do my monthly reading summary last month. Something about vacation, wedding, annual conference, and moving got in the way. So lucky you get it all now. My reading has slowed significantly these last two months which makes me sad, but such is life.

June
1.) River Marked by Patricia Briggs
2.) Nigh Road by Kristen Hannah (This book made me cry a lot)
3.) A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Solider by Ishmael Beah (This book made my heart hurt)
4.) The Maze Runner by James Dashner (This book was just eh, for me)

And that's it for June. So sad just four books.

July
1.) Enough: Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity by Adam Hamilton
2.) The Kid by Sapphire (I have a review that I will share very soon on this)
3.) A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard
4.) Seeing Gray In A World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics by Adam Hamilton
5.) Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner
6.) Adam's Gift by Jimmy Creech

So just 6 books in July.

Sad, sad, sad. I'm in a reading rut.

Total Page Read in June & July: 3055
Total Books in 2011: 60
Money saved by buying used or using the library: $64.24

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

This list makes me feel so much better about myself....THANK YOU! I don't think I read 4 books in the whole two months!