Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I finished a project...

I discovered Pinterest a few days ago and I already love it, what a brilliant concept. So when I browsing the other day (instead of writing my sermon) I found an adorable way to organize mail here. This was a definite necessity because our mail is out of control, all over the place, and I can't keep track of anything (i.e. I've misplaced Eli & Emmy's insurance cards).

So I showed Marcus the picture, he told me to write my sermon, but he went out to the garage and made the frames for the mail system.
We had the left over wood for our table making endeavor. They're 10 in. wide and we used 2x2 in the back and a 1x8 in the front. 

Then I covered them with fabric and used a staple gun to hold it in place. 

Then I found these cute little chalk-board signs at JoAnn's and there we go a simply way to keep track of our mail. If only I would have found pinterest before I lost their medical cards. Also this is going to help me keep track of the church mail without losing any important bills (not that I would ever do that).

By the way I never finish projects ever. I have a million half finished things all over so the fact that this was finished in 3 days is amazing for me. Now we just need to actually finish the table. 

No comments: