Friday, August 19, 2011

Review: The Kid by Sapphire

Sapphire, author of Push invites readers back into the world of abuse, poverty, and stolen childhood in her newest novel The Kid. We meet Abdul Jones, the son of Precious on the day of his mother's funeral, and from there we follow Abdul through childhood and into adulthood.


To see my full review you can go here


It's without a doubt a hard book to read, but I think in the end there's value to it. Has anyone read anything by Sapphire? Push or her newest novel The Kid. I would love to hear your thoughts (you can comment under my review) her books are controversial.  

1 comment:

Creole Wisdom said...

I hated Precious so much (the film) that I have no desire to read something that even resembles that. It was kind of outrageous, but I can see where the author is trying to get a point across.