Saturday, August 20, 2011

Being with friends...

is restoration for the soul. We met up with a good friend of my from college and her fiance today and went to the San Francisco Zoo. It was so nice to see her again after four years. It was nice to leave Mayberry and hang out with old friends. To laugh, talk and remember old times from college (when life wasn't so complicated). In some ways its crazy how much has changed in those four years since we've graduated from college.

I've been having a hard time since our move. Living in our new town is taking some major adjustments (I'm a city girl I just am I can't help it), the stress of Marcus not being able to find a job despite his efforts, stress about my crappy insurance situation and the cost of my medications. I've just had a lot of my mind.

To add to the excitement I get the privilege of preforming my friend and her fiancé's wedding ceremony! My first one. They seem comfortable with the fact that I've never actually done a wedding before, but I've never done a funeral before either. I suppose somebody has to be the first.

It was a good day. (Despite Bay Area traffic which makes Marcus cranky, and our defective GPS that doesn't actually work).

I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I Must sleep so I can preach in a coherent way tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Glad you guys had a good time with friends. Everyone has got to start somewhere when it comes to weddings/funerals.

Life was certainly different in college...that's for sure.