Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today I am thankful for...#6

Eli and Emerson's grandparents. Growing up I was close to the grandparents on my moms side but didn't really know much about my dads. I always hoped that my kids would have better relationships with all their grandparents and so far my wish has come true.

Eli & Emerson love my in-laws. Eli is best buddies with his Granddad and from the minute he sees him he just wants to be held or be near him. Emerson also loves her granddad but has a special affection for her Gram. I think part of this for Emerson is when she flew across the country with Marcus' parents while we drove the moving truck. 

And Eli became friends with his Granddad this summer because his granddad always took him outside when he came home from work. My mom is also really great with kids and I know she has a lot of love for her grand-babies. 

I'm so grateful that I don't have any reservations about any of them watching or spending time with Eli & Emerson. The relationship with grandparents is such a special gift. 

No comments: