Monday, November 15, 2010

Always behind...

This weekend was exhausting youth lock-in on friday which = no sleep. Saturday is mostly a blurry haze and then sunday was the youth service and some other youth related activities. So I've spent a great deal of my free time trying to nap. I feel like I'm coming down with something which is probably a result of the lack of sleep but I'm hanging in there. Busy is just part for the course this time of year.

So back to my thankfulness project I need to catch up. So yesterday (Sunday) I was thankful for good friends. Yesterday I had two great conversations with friends. One with a friend from graduate school and then a 2.5 hour long conversation with a friend from undergraduate. We haven't seen each other in years and it was great to catch up with one another.

There's just something about good conversations with friends that leave me feeling energized and happy. I really do miss my friends a great deal now that we've moved and so look forward to their emails and phone calls.

Today I'm thankful for books. Again random I know but books have been a source of joy for me my entire life. Everything about them makes me happy and I am so grateful and thankful that I have access and the ability to read books and read them quickly.

I'm currently re-reading all the Harry Potter books in anticipation for the movie and when other things suck it's nice to dive into a different reality inside of a book.

No comments: