Friday, November 20, 2009

More shots...

I've been so preoccupied with the voting crazyness that I haven't had a chance to update about anything else going on. The babies had the remainder of their 6 month shots on Tuesday plus the first month of their synagis shots. Poor babies in the last week they've had 6 shots, (between the synagis, their regular 6 month shots, and both flu vaccines) plus the oral vaccine. Poor babies.

The babies were hysterical after their synagis shots. Both cried harder than they ever have and I felt just awful, plus the appointment took forever. We've never had to wait longer than 5 min. at our pedi. office and we had to wait close to a half hour just to get some shots.

 Luckily, after the long period spent at the doctor they both came home took a nap and woke up happier than usual. We've been pretty lucky that shots just seem to make the babies sleep better and don't make them too fussy.

I also took the babies to chapel with me on tuesday morning because my friend was giving the sermon. In an attempt to keep the babies away from people I inlisted the help of my friends. We stood in the back with the babies and then I enlisted the husband of a friend to act as a shield after the service was over so people wouldn't touch the babies (dramatic? perhaps. Effective? yes). It was hilarious. At one point the dean of students came over to see the babies and his hand was swatted by a rolled up bulletin, by the babies' bodyguard (all in good fun though, the dean has a great sense of humor and laughed hysterically). The babies did really well in chapel, nice and quiet, and everyone was respectful about keeping their distance.

I leave for Australia in 10 days, but that's another post for another time.

No comments: