Saturday, February 27, 2010

I was nominated...

[beautiful_blogger_award.jpg]

Twice actually. Once by Jess at Life in the White House a good friend of mine. We "met" a few years ago when going through IF and she's been a great resource and friend and she now has an adorable little girl. I was also nominated by The family vowel another on-line friend. We both have twins and discovered a few years ago that we went to the same undergrad. university. Thank you both so much! 

The RULES:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
3. Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.

Now I suppose I need to tell you 7 interesting facts about myself.

1. I can do a lot of weird tricks with my tongue and it's really long. When I'm nervous or thinking I do these tricks without realizing it. It drives Marcus crazy. This is pretty much my only hidden, random talent. The babies seem to have both inherited this trait from me and they both play with their tongues and Eli can already twist his tongue over. I'm so proud. 
2. I can't do hair. I'm a mess in this department. My mom did my hair until the 8th grade when I attempted to take over. There were many awkward times that year and the years moving forward. I still can't use a curling iron or a straightener and I feel so bad for Emerson because there's going to be a lot of learning going on with hair styles. I tried a little pony tail in her hair for the first time today. *sigh* it was a good effort. 
3. I wear running shoes 99% of the time. This is mostly because I have orthotics that only really fit in running shoes. If I don't wear the orthotics I'm in a ton of pain due to some ankle issues that have plagued me my entire life. I'm worried about starting a "real" job when professional attire will be important. I also feel sad that I can't wear cute skirts and dresses because I don't have any shoes that work with them.
4. I am one of the pickiest eaters in the world. And I say this with no amount of pride. It's a constant source of frustration and embarrassment. 
5. My first job was at a laundromat when I was 16. I had to clean the machines, keep an eye on things and people would drop of clothes for our wash, dry, fold service. Only problem I had never done any laundry until this job, I called my mom often and only destroyed a few things. I also encountered some of the most random people ever, including my very own stalker who was convinced that he was my boyfriend. I also met a man who claimed to be my father. Apparently, he sent his spirit out to women all over the world (like God and the virgin Mary, this is what he told me) and now he was searching for his children, and lucky me I was one of them. I have countless random stories from my days at the laundromat. 
6. For most of my life I wanted to be a lawyer. In 5th grade I followed the O.J. Simpson saga with great interest and own most of the books that came from that event. Including the books from lawyers on both sides, detectives and the books written by the victims families. (I was a weird kid). 
7. When I was little I loved and collected small, tiny objects. Rocks, flowers, tiny teddy bears the size of a quarter, and a million other things. I carried these things around with and from this habit my Papa gave me the nickname pack-rat which he still calls me to this day. He now calls Eli & Emerson baby Pack-Rats. 



No comments: