Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Potty Training Part I...

For some reason I decided today would be the day we started potty training.

Eli did really well at first. He happily picked out some underpants (his sister's but whatever works). He played, told me he had to go potty, went and all was going well.

Then came dinner and I could sort of tell he needed to go to the bathroom but he kept saying no, and he just wanted to eat. So he had an accident, which I think freaked him out because after that he just insisted on a diaper.

Emerson on the other hand didn't go on the potty at all. She had two accidents, but didn't want a diaper.

Every time I reminded her to tell me when she needed to go to the bathroom she just said, "I can't mama"

Well okay then. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow I think we'll add in some incentives. I think a chart that they can put a sticker on each time they go the bathroom.

I hope this works out okay. It's exhausting to clean up the messes luckily today none of the accidents happened on the carpet or the couches.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Try an M&M for peeing in the potty, 2 for poop. Also I find with A I just have to take her every 15 minutes. She'll say she doesn't have to go, then it's Niagra Falls 5 minutes later.