Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's Spring!!

And it felt like it here today.

We had an early morning, taking Marcus to work at 7:15, coming back home for a few hours, going to the library, and then back into town for book club and a play date (For Eli and Emmy). The kids play the moms talk books I love it.

Eli and Emmy have been asking to go to the "Wee" (wee = the park in our house) for days. Every time we go to the library we pass the wee and they always look sadly and say, "Not today."

But finally today was the day. I'm not sure it's possible for my children to love the wee more than they do.

They could spend all day there and they were so cute and full of energy.

At one point Marcus and I were jumping up and down on a bridge and Emmy was trying to get on and she finally looked at us and said, "Whoa guys"

Then they were both working really hard at climbing up the slide the wrong way (we were the only ones at the park, plus it's a rite of passage). They struggled and struggled knocked each other down and finally the both conquered the slide and made it to the top.

They both threw their hands up in victory, jumped up and down, and yelled, "I did it, I did it."

One of the most adorable things I've even seen in my entire life.

Then it was time to go home. They both sadly left the wee, pulling their wagon together (and steering towards every puddle they could find).

We had BBQ and ate outside. It was a good day and they were so cute today. 

(Random side note: Marcus dressed Emerson in a swim suit cover-up he thought it was just another dress haha). 


1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I love watching the "up the slide" attempts.

They're looking so grown up...make it stop!