Sunday, March 4, 2012

"I climbing..."

We survived last night. A lot of crying from Eli and Emmy last night. They both felt horrible. They stayed home from church and spent most of the day on the couch. My sermon was finished, somehow everything always gets done somehow.

By the end of the day they both seemed to be feeling a little bit better, and their Sunday school teacher brought them soup.

On thursday, prior to all this sickness, Emerson randomly decided that she should climb one of the trees in our backyard.

She wrapped both hands around the tree, and tried to wrap both legs. Perhaps she's been watching too much Curious George. She was so determined. 

Finally, I just lifted her up and put her in the tree. She was so excited! She loved hanging out in the tree. 

Then Eli decided he wanted to try... He wasn't so amused by the whole, sitting in a tree thing. 

Then today, Emerson looked at a telephone pole and said, "What's that"

I told her and then she said, "Mama I climb uppa der"

Um... no. Funny girl we will not be climbing telephone poles. 

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

She definitely looks super excited in that picture! When I was about Emmy's age I climbed up a 20' pole in our backyard, my older cousins did it to and I just followed. My parents freaked out. You can see Eli still isn't feeling too great.