Monday, January 12, 2009

First trimester blood test results

Maybe the doctor sensed my annoyance this morning, she sent me this email this afternoon:
Sadie:

The result of the first trimester test has been scanned. The risk for Downs syndrome in at least one twin is 1:1900; the risk for trisomy 18 is 1: 10,000. These are very low risks-normal results. I will write again when I have the result of today's test. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sounds good enough for me I guess although I wonder what the "in at least one twin" means.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm glad your appt and results went well, aside from their blatant unprofessionalism.

I would guess being that the babies are twins, they would be a higher ratio that one of them would. Like a game of cards: if one person has an Queen of hearts, and you have the Queen of diamonds, and the 7 of spades...you have a higher probability, of a certain card being drawn. That's my guess, but I'm no mathematician.