Thursday, March 19, 2009

25 Weeks

Nothing too exciting to report this week. Another week of spring break and as much laying on the couch as possible. I did go over to my school a few times to do some work but any amount of walking and sitting for any amount of time causes me severe pain in my uterus. I have no idea what that's about.

I also discovered that one of my new least favorite activities is taking the bus. Since we only have one car I take the bus to some of my appointments and the bus is so old and the road is so horrible that it bounces me all over the place and it hurts. Not to mention that I always just barely miss the bus and in my pre-pregnancy days I had no shame and would chase it down. Now as I slowly waddle around I wistful watch the bus pass me by which makes my wait that much longer *sigh* I really miss being active. The weather is getting nicer and I really wish I could go running.

Additionally, I maintain my earlier position that maternity clothes are ugly. I went shopping for a few more shirts and it was a pretty awful experience. The shirts are hideous, really really hideous. If someone happens across a cute shirt that will fit my ever expanding belly and won't make me look like I'm 90 wearing a smock or a mau mau and doesn't cost a million dollars please point me in that direction. Some of the shirts actually made Marcus laugh out loud.

Marcus and I also registered on Monday. I really hate registering . I hated it when we got married and it was no different with the babies. There are way to many options and everything costs so much and I know Marcus and I are just going to buy the majority of the things we need ourselves so it seemed like a futile exercise, but Marcus really likes too and a few people have asked so for now we having something that resembles a registry.

Sleep still sucks, my back and hips ache, and I can no longer tie my shoes. I also forget how big my belly is and have bumped it into things a few times because I haven't remembered that I stick out. All in all an uneventful week.

Tuesday we have two appointments one with the MFM to check my cervix, repeat the fFN test, and check the growth of the babies and then after that an OB appointment which includes the one hour glucose test. Fun stuff. Hopefully all remains constant with no more shortening.

Oh, and my friends are throwing me a small shower on Saturday so that's something to look forward too.


1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Have fun at your shower!!! I was checking out your registry: It's so surreal to see it there!!! I'm so excited for you guys.