Monday, January 2, 2012

Today I cleaned for 6 hours...

and now I'm exhausted and can hardly move. However, I'm grateful that I felt well enough to actually do some intense cleaning for once. The last few nights I've actually been able to sleep for a change and a full nights rest (plus a few more hours) is amazing.

I managed to take down all our Christmas stuff. Now Eli and Emmy keep walking to where our trees were and asking, "Tree Go?"

And as we were packing everything away they kept saying, "bye tree, bye tree."

Emmy was not pleased when I packed all the Christmas books up though and Eli tried to get me to hang the stockings back up. Crazy kids.

Then Eli and Emmy helped me clean the fridge. Emerson's job was taking all out the condiments. A few times she would stop and ask, "What that?" when she grabbed something she didn't recognize (Cream cheese and butter were two such items).

After she was done she said, "Hands cold", and then climbed into the empty fridge (I took out the shelves and drawers for a very thorough cleaning).

The greatest part about our Christmas book countdown is that Eli and Emmy still ask for a book every night, and I love that.

Tonight they picked a few books and one of them had bible verse so we practiced learning their first one a Psalm, "Clap your hands all you people, shout to God with Joy." We had hand motions to go with it of course. I'm going to see if they'll do it on Camera for me it's so cute.

And in other news Eli knows his colors!! Yay!! He's doing so well he can identify all colors (Except brown) and he does so with about 95% accuracy. The funny thing is he likes to joke, so he almost always says the wrong color first and then says the correct one. He's thinks he's hilarious.

Emmy knows white and yellow and then she thinks everything else is blue.

And now I'm going to end this random post which has jumped subjects about 3,000 times.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

You certainly did get a lot accomplished! I can only imagine what the cleaning was with the kiddos.....Ave is nowhere near that helpful when it comes to following directions.