Saturday, January 21, 2012

Puppy Love...

Emerson reminds me a lot of one of my younger sisters (who is also a twin). My sister Lindy loves all kinds of creatures, lizards, pigs, goats, dogs, etc. etc. Growing up she had all sorts of animals in her room.

Emerson is a lot like that. She loves snails, is fascinated by pugs, adores cats, but she has a special affection for dogs, all of with are just "puppies" to her.

Every friday Eli and Emerson accompany to the Bible study I teach. They sit and eat snacks and watch a movie while I lead the study. We meet in the home of one of my parishioners and she has a dog. I often find Emerson underneath the table nose to nose with the dog.

Laughing hysterically as the dog licks her on the nose.

The other day we were walking home from the post office when Emerson noticed an actual puppy in the yard of one of our neighbors. She instantly fell in love. Crouched next to the fence and waited for the puppy to come over. Which it did.


Emerson sat and laughed and petted the puppy. Finally, it was time to go home and we literally had to pick her up and carry her away. The whole time she was sobbing hysterically, "PUPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY, PuPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYY"

At that moment we were the meanest parents in the world. Once inside she ran to the door and continued to cry. It broke my heart so I walked her back down to have another chat with the puppy. Of course the separation was the same.

Yesterday, I saw the owner of the puppy outside and I mentioned how much Emerson loved it. She then made me a very surprising offer, "You want to the puppy? You can have it."

Eekkk not what I was expecting.

As much as I would love to get Emerson a puppy it's just not in the cards for us right now. 

Emerson was so cute though, she kept talking about the "Baby puppy." 

Emmy will just have to love puppy's from afar. 

No comments: