Thursday, June 2, 2011

Learning to play guitar...

I've owned a guitar for about  years now. I asked for it one Christmas with the intention of taking guitar classes at my undergrad university. However, every single semester without fail the guitar class was at the same time as a required course (usually a spanish class). So my guitar sat in its case, in a corner.

My guitar lived in CA, moved to CT, then back to NV without every being used. The other day I decided it was time to take action and learn to play the thing. So a good friend of my, via skype, set about teaching me.

We had an hour long session over the internet. It was awesome, my fingers are sore, and I'm on my way.

I think Marcus is also curious about learning too because he kept coming over to see what was going on in the lesson and then this morning was trying to play using the notes I made.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

You guys could start your own band!
I've always wanted to learn guitar, but never did.