Monday, February 28, 2011

Tonsils, adenoids, and ear tubes oh my...

It seems Emmy may possibly need the trifecta. Tonsil and adenoids removed and tubes put in place. The doctor just seemed kind of frustrated. Last time we were at the ENT two weeks ago she had a tonsil infection and fluid in her ears and couldn't breathe (even though I told the doctor she never sounds like she can breathe I don't think he believed me).

So he wanted to see her in two weeks after some antibiotics. So we went back and really nothing has changed. She still has fluid in her ears, her eardrums still aren't moving at all, she still can't breathe and her tonsils are still enlarged.

I could sense that the doctor is apprehensive about the procedures because of her age (which I appreciate). So as he said in an effort to maybe delay the inevitable for a little longer we're going to try a nose spray for the next month and see if that helps with the snoring and then go back.

He's thinking of maybe starting with just the tubes and adenoids, and waiting on the tonsils until she's older. I guess we'll see what happens in a month.

1 comment:

~Jess said...

Eek! Poor Emmy....hopefully whatever they're able to do can help her...give her a hug from us...and Eli too.