Friday, September 10, 2010

16 months old (two days late)...

Eli & Emerson are 16 months old and they're so fun right now (most of the time). In the last month they have both finally figured out the bedtime thing and we can now just lay them down and the go so sleep. No crying, no screaming, no hour long rocking sessions hoping they'll quit fighting.

What's really amazing about this is even if they don't go to sleep immediately they are quiet in their cribs. It makes night time so much more enjoyable for all of us knowing that we're not going to have a fight on our hands.

They are both walking all over the place now which is a whole new adventure. Eli in particular would like to be allowed to walk everywhere. In stores, down the street, up and down the stairs so he fights the stroller quite a bit.

Eli is making a little bit of progress with his eating issues. He still primarily eats purees but he can now eat small pieces of bread and things with break like consistency which is progress. He however still isn't really good about chewing so it makes us both really nervous.

Eli and Emerson also play and interact with one another a lot more these days which is really hilarious to watch. They chase each other all over, Emerson is a little copy cat and does everything Eli does. They make each other laugh all the time. The other thing I've noticed lately is that if one baby gets hurt or is really upset the other one also gets upset.

Yesterday Emerson tripped and hit her head pretty hard on the wall and she was screaming, Eli stopped what he was doing ran over and just looked really scared and worried for her.

As far as talking goes they still don't have many words. Both say hi, both say dada, and sometimes mama, and Emerson can say ball. But they seem to understand a lot of what we're saying and asking which is really fun. If I ever need to distract Eli I just ask him to find me a ball and off he goes searching.

Eli still licks everything. I really wish I knew what this was about. The other day I was sitting on the couch and he walked up and started licking both of my legs one right after the other. It was so odd (and somewhat funny) and then Emerson decided to join in so both babies were licking my legs. This probably can't be normal.

No new teeth. Emerson has 8 (4 up top and 4 on the bottom) and Eli has 6 (four on top and 2 on the bottom).

Emerson still has anxiety around people and is still pretty clingy but we have seem some improvement in that area. A couple of sundays ago we dropped them off at our church nursery and they both went without any issue.

I think those are the main things that's been happening. They're both going to evaluated for EI on Monday. We finally got them an appointment in our new state. Eli is going to see an Occupational Therapist and Emerson a physical therapist. So I guess we'll see where we're at in all of that.

Now for the pictures (I took these pictures on Saturday at the wedding). The entire experience was a big joke. I'm starting to think they plot together to avoid having me take a picture of the two of them together looking at the camera.

Looking to the right...

Looking in opposite directions....

Looking down.


You get the idea I have about 10 more of these pictures before I finally gave up. At another point in the evening I stuck them both in a chair and got this...

Which is the best I could do. At least they're both looking forward. 

No comments: