Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Finally a good night!

The last few months bedtime and nighttime have been awful. Our babies who used to lay down and go right to sleep were replaced with two screaming monsters who wanted nothing to do with bed, crying and screaming for hours. This was just the precursor to the rest of the night which led to Eli waking up anywhere from 3-5 times and Emerson waking up 2-4 times.

Marcus and I were beyond exhausted, annoyed, and at a loss of what to do. But, last night for some reason things changed. I put both babies down to bed and neither of them made a peep. Instead they both went right to sleep, that in itself was a nice break from our recent norm. Then both babies preceded to sleep for 12 hours, without waking. Which is the first time ever that both babies have slept for that amount of time, at the same time (usually it seems either one or the other has a good night, while the other is up all night crying).

I have no idea what caused the shift. Maybe they were exhausted from the days activities. We went to my old place of work and the women in the office played with the babies for over an hour. Eli of course soaked up all of this attention and preformed each of his "tricks" right on cue. Emerson of course clung to me, but occasionally would sneak a smile.

Then we played at home and read books, washed dishes, ate dinner, and off to bed. Amazing. I so hope for many repeat performances.

This morning after waking up. They both look a little dazed, perhaps it's because they're not used to a full nights sleep. 

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Woohoo! GO Eli and Emerson! I was thinking they would sleep well, especially after such a busy day! I know I would. Keep it up...I know mommy and daddy appreciate it ;-)