Sunday, February 22, 2009

A meltdown...

I can't believe I'm even going to record this experience let alone in a place where others can read it, but the point of the blog is to remember my pregnancy the good and the bad, and this probably qualifies as the bad and the embarrassing. Last night I had a big, sobbing, meltdown, because our apartment was a mess, and my whole body hurt and I was too exhausted to do anything about it, not to mention me leaning over a bathtub and scrubbing just isn't going to happen at this point.

I just kept crying and saying to Marcus, "Our apartment needs to be cleaned, and there's no time to do it, and I hurt and I'm just going to keep getting bigger and can't do it." Only imagine all of that jumbled and messy from the crying, it was ridiculous. It sounded ridiculous coming out of my mouth and yet there I sat, sobbing, over the bathroom needing to be cleaned.

I'm not sure why Marcus didn't run away screaming or laughing or both. But he sweetly suggested I go to bed and he tucked me in. When I woke up our apartment was clean. Everything had been scrubbed the bathroom, kitchen, everything dusted, all that was left was to vacuum and he didn't do that because I was sleeping.

Marcus is amazing and I'm a psychopath. That's the conclusion I reached, but Marcus just wisely told me when I apologized for my breakdown, "It's okay your pregnant..." He also might have mentioned something about hormones... Yeah, not one of my finer moments.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I think you're entitled to a meltdown. I do that, even without hormones!

Good for Marcus for cleaning :-) My house needs to get done to: I'll pay!