Thursday, February 5, 2009

19 Weeks

I'm now 100% sure that I feel the babies. It's still not consistent but it's becoming more frequent and I love it. It's a so strange that there are little people inside me. I'm also showing visibly to the outside world. Which oddly enough is still surprising to me, and have had several awkward encounters when *I think* someone has asked/mentioned my pregnancy but I'm not sure.

On Tuesday after going to the bathroom for the 100th time and annoying my co-worker who has to answer the door for me every time I leave and come back, she simply said, "Congratulations." My incredibly posed response was to stare at her for a few awkward minutes and then ask, "For what?" then after a few more minutes of discomfort I said thanks and went back to work. Who knows what she's thinking at this point as I still can't figure out how to tell them. I'm trying to figure out how to casually work it into the conversation at work so I can just stop wondering if they know or don't know. See I'm awkward...

Second awkward experience was with the sweetest Catholic Bishop I've ever met, he's 74 and I love him seriously he's amazing. Anyways, not the point but as I stood up to leave our meeting and was putting on my jacket *I think* he said, "When are you expecting?" I say I think because I really don't know for sure and again my stellar response was "What?" To which he promptly changed the subject thinking he has just offended a non-pregnant person by asking that question.

Finally, today I met another women for a conversation for my internship (lots of internship stuff lately that's why I was meeting the bishop too.) And bless this woman she just asked, "Are you having a baby?" To which I concretely answered, "Actually I'm having two babies." (We had never met before and this was the first thing she said to me haha). Finally, a nice clear exchange about the whole thing. Her response to the twin thing was hilarious, although she was a hilarious woman who talked a hundred miles a minute. I really wish I could capture the essence of some of the people I meet. They're all so different and amazing with such interesting backgrounds.

So I think it's fair to say that I look pregnant at this point, and I'm getting better at formulating responses to questions although being blunt works best with me. I don't like having to guess what people are talking about, just say it.

Sleeping is still a struggle, I can't sleep on my side, and I wake up to use the bathroom about 3 times a night. I've been exhausted this week. Between the lack of sleep, school, work, and internship I'm just tired, I feel like I'm on the go all the time, and it's starting to wear on me some. Carrying my backpack is still a challenge but I'm still resisting the rolling bag I just can't go there yet...

Oh, and I almost forgot my belly button is flattening out and disappearing which I find kind of hilarious.

And our babies have names. Marcus and I have finally reached a consensus (which I thought would never happen) and the world will find out what they are when our babies enter the world. For now Phil and Lil will have to do...

Belly pics...


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Lil and Phil!! I like them.

and in my day... you wore a shirt that said "baby" ....maybe they need to bring them back. LOL
but..no questions then.