Friday, September 23, 2011

What would you do?

Marcus Grandpa is really sick with an infection. The last update we heard is that he's improving and being moved out of the ICU.

Neither Marcus nor I have seen this set of grandparents in over 5 years, and they haven't met Eli and Emerson which I know really bothers Marcus.

We're trying to decide if we should take the 15 hour drive north to visit with them.

On the one hand this is a no brainer for me. Family is so important and there won't likely be another chance in the near future. Right now my schedule can be somewhat flexible (assuming we leave after church on Sunday and return before the next sunday) I can rearrange my other work obligations.

Marcus hasn't started his job yet so we don't have to coordinate that.

We can take a route up there that will take us through our hometown, which is almost halfway so we wouldn't need to spend any money to stay the night somewhere.

Mostly it would cost us gas money.

So what would you do. Would you go?

I'm leaning towards just going for it, but it's such a hard call.

We would appreciate any prayers or thoughts for Marcus grandpa.

1 comment:

~Jess said...

Go! Don't even think twice....go. We'll be praying for you guys and for marcus' grandparents.