Monday, September 19, 2011

"The blessings of Harvest"...

Today a man came to the door that I didn't know. This is not really unusual. It's well known in the town that the pastor lives in this house and so we often get people stopping by with all manner of requests.

The man asked, "Are you associated with the church next door?"

I told him I was the pastor and he told me that somebody named Axxx Mcxxxx said to bring me some pears and apples. I didn't recognize the name and I didn't know the man at the door but he walked to his truck and brought us these.

Three large 
 full of apples and pears. He told us the trees were more than full and this was just an abundance. 

Eli and Emerson are both fascinated with the big buckets full of fruit.

Eli tried carrying the bucket he didn't get very far.

The amount of fresh produce available in this area is so astounding to me. Since moving here we've been gifted an incredible amount of food. Not to mention the fruit that grows on the trees in our backyard.

I think it's my turn now to pass on some of this fruit to others in my congregation. Maybe if I'm feeling super ambitious I'll make apple pie and applesauce. Never mind that I don't really "make" anything. I might as well try right? 

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Impressive harvest! Applesauce is really easy to make....lots of recipes online. I just put it on the stove and let it cook until really mushy.