Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Busy, busy...

It's been a busy week. My church is hosting its Vacation Bible School, which is great fun, but a lot of work. I have to say though one my favorite things is when the kids say, "Pastor Sadie..." and then ask me a question about the story for that week, or something about the bible, or a prayer request, or to tell me a story about how they stubbed their toe.

Eli and Emerson have been attending Bible school even though they're two and the age starts at 4 (Perk of being the pastor's kids?). Of course Marcus attends with them (I'm teaching the bible lesson) but so far they've been doing really well. The only unfortunate part is for some reason they seem to think they own the sanctuary. They've decided that the steps at the front of the church belong to them, so that's where they sit. Facing everyone in the pews during our opening and closing programs.

Emmy on her step (with her super hero cape) and the tennis racket which the kids use as guitars while we sing. She also thinks she needs to hold a tennis racket every time. I try to hand them all out before she can get too possessive. 



Here's the sanctuary decorated. The theme this week is Superheroes and some of the different heroes in the Bible. The kids made capes yesterday. Eli & Emmy looked adorable running around in their super hero capes. (Eli only left his on for a few minutes though).
Emmy and her super hero cape.

Aside from Bible school this week has been the week for complicated paperwork. We're still working through the enrollment process for Eli & Emerson's insurance and we have to prove all kinds of things. 

Plus I got all of my pension paperwork in the mail. Fun stuff. 

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

It looks like everyone is having a blast at VBS!

I hate paperwork...bah!