Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Super long day...

My day started at 4 this morning in order for me to catch my flight to Denver. Marcus had to drive me which of course meant we had to wake up Eli & Emerson. Which provides me with the perfect opportunity write about how their personalities manifest in waking up.

When Eli wakes up 9 times out of 10 he's alert, smiling, laughing, sometimes skipping around his crib and ready to go. He's just a happy guy in the morning.

Emerson on the other hand, buries herself under her covers and her multitudes of piggies and often emerges from this pile like the swamp thing. Slow, disgruntled, not ready or willing to sit or even walk. She needs to be snuggled in the morning.

So this morning at 4 was no different. Marcus woke up Eli and he had the biggest grin on his face. From dead asleep to smiling in 2 seconds. For Eli this was a great adventure to be woken up while it was still dark.

My dear sweet Emerson on the other hand did not come around so easily. She was lying on her stomach and when I lifted her up she literally folded in half. I tried to sit her up so I could turn her around and she toppled into a heap. Then once I picked her up she was immediately folded up head on my shoulder. She was not so pleased with this early wake up call.

My flight went well and so far day one of the conference has been good. It's so so nice to be around other young clergy. I've so missed my classmates from Yale and the energy they brought with them and this is just a small reminder and small taste of that again.

I've got another long day ahead of me tomorrow so off to sleep.

No comments: