Monday, May 30, 2011

The rest of the story...

I couldn't be totally honest in my last post about my activities in California due to confidentiality reasons and proper procedure.

I did go to have a pysch evaluation but I also went to California to meet with a committee from the church where I have been appointed as pastor! I start July 1st which gives us a month to pack and move about 5 hours away.

It's going to be a challenge in many ways. The community is really really small. I've become a city girl these last 8 years, but luckily in the country in CA means you're never really that far from a bigger city.

I'm excited and nervous about what the future may hold. 

I didn't take many pictures while we were there, but I did quickly snap a picture of the sanctuary. The church building is old. It was built in the 1800s.
Sanctuary 

Emmy outside the church.

And Eli

On our way home we stopped in the city to visit my undergraduate university and let the babies stretch their legs. There was an event going on so the babies had their pictures taken with the mascot. (Emerson continues to be unsure of them so I'm in the picture too). 


I love this picture of my tiny boy on my campus. Maybe they'll follow in my footsteps and go to school here too. 

3 comments:

Carlita said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I doubt you can say where you will be on your blog but we are also in California. If you are going to be close to the Bay Area we'd love to meet you and the twins sometime (my son is exactly the same age).

Carlita

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is incredible. Congratulations :)

Jessica White said...

Hey Sadie,
I may have to come visit you once you're settled down. You'll be very close to another blogger and one of my favorite cities!
We'll see if that happens :-)