Sunday, February 5, 2012

Random Facts...

My friend Jess tagged. So here are 11 things about myself and then I answered 11 questions she had for me. You can check out her answers here.


11 Random Facts About Me:


1. I was in a wheel chair for a several months when I was in the 5th grade.
2. The only thing I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a lawyer, until I received my call to ministry in high school. I minored in pre-law in college because I couldn't quite let it go.
3. Related to the above after I was accepted to divinity school I freaked out and signed up for the lSATS.
4. I lived in CT for 3 years during grad. school and it felt like home. I still get "home-sick" for Connecticut. 
5. I'm afraid of worms and peacock feathers. Incredibly weird I know. Marcus finds these fears hysterical and once during a rainstorm in CT there were worms everywhere I was having a break-down and Marcus was laughing hysterically.
6. I was hit by a car in Rome. Thank goodness it wasn't going very fast but I learned an important lesson, drivers in Rome do not yield for pedestrians. 
7. I spent a summer abroad in Southern Spain. I have never been so hot in my entire life. There were times I was tempted to sleep on the tile floor in my room to try and get some relief from the heat. 
8. I can't stand coffee. So when I go to a coffee shop I often order a bottle of water because I feel obligated to buy something. 
9. I was in FFA and 4-H and showed Dairy Cows, Pigs, and sheep. (Well I only showed sheep for one year).
10. My freshman year of high school I was late for class over 20 times because my brothers gas gauge didn't work in his truck. We ran out of gas all the time. I luckily had band first period and my teacher never noticed that I showed up late so I didn't have any tardies on my record. Once as a result of being late the senior saxophone player I sat next too thought it would be a funny joke to hide my saxophone in pieces around the room. So in addition to being late I was forced to have a scavenger hunt to find. My band teacher never knew or cared about much of what was going on. 
11. In 7th grade if anyone would have told me I would end up married to Marcus I would have told them they were crazy. Turned out he's one of the most amazing people ever. It just took me until 11th grade to figure that out. 


My 11 questions to answer:

  1. What life event has had the most impact on you? and Why? This is easy our infertility. It was without question one of the most difficult things we've ever encountered. It shaped my faith, forever altered our family, and made me aware and passionate about things I never thought about before. 
  2. What is one character flaw of your own that drives you nuts? I over think everything. I wish I could be more spontaneous but nope I'm an over thinker. I annoy myself. 
  3. Where and what would be your dream home? This is going to sound weird but I have no desire to own a home. We live in a parsonage now and image we will live in parsonages for most of my career. The only thing I would love was a room that I could make into my own space. With my books and big oversized chair. 
  4. Who is your "celebrity" crush? (it can be anyone, in any time period or profession) This is easy. I've only ever had one "celebrity" crush in my life Apolo Anton Ohno the Olympic Speed skater. He came to Marcus' university in 2010 to speak and Marcus joked with me that I was going to see my boyfriend. 
  5. Where is your favorite city? This is a tough. I have no idea. I have a fondness for the city of Sevilla in Spain where I spent the summer abroad. 
  6. What is a guilty pleasure of your's? (can be food, books, movies, whatever) Dr. Pepper and Reese's peanut butter cup. 
  7. When do you go to bed? get up? I often go to bed really late 11 or later. When I get up changes every single day. Marcus usually lets me sleep in if he doesn't have to work,  but I'm usually up by 9 at the latest (I'm spoiled in this regard). 
  8. How many times a day do you check your email/reader/FB etc? Too many. I check them all day long. 
  9. Do you run hot or cold (temperature wise)? Cold. I'm cold all the time. My space heater is my best friend it travels from room to room with me. 
  10. What is one thing you wish people knew about you? I wish people could understand by humor a little better. Sometimes I feel like it's lost on people but I have a really great sense of humor and appreciate humor a great deal. I will say it's kind of unique though haha. 
  11. What is one thing you aspire to better in yourself? Everything. Each day I strive to be a better mom, wife, pastor, human being. I want to leave this world all those I interact with better than before. It's part of what drives my call in ministry. 

4 comments:

Marcus said...

I am just going o comment on your answer to question 7. I do let you sleep in but up by 9 really? I believe it's more like 10 or later. Love ya

sadie607 said...

haha hey marcus don't blow my cover.

Creole Wisdom said...

I'm scared of worms, too. Ish, yuck!

Why were you in a wheelchair? Did you have juvenile arthritis?

Jessica White said...

Great list Sadie! I'm with you on the overthinking things....i suffer from that as well.