Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Job/life stuff...

So remember that job I didn't get based off of a 30 minute interview. Well they called me early this last week because after meeting the candidate they chose they decided it was a bad fit. Which totally throws a wrench into my whole life plans since I already accepted the other job.

I'm probably going to stick with the job I've already accepted for a variety of reasons but I am continuing to discuss with the other place (with the full disclosure on my part that I do have another job). If only they would have had their act together a month and half ago when I first interviewed with them. I would have taken it then in a heartbeat.

So despite that little road bump I'm suppose to start my other job two weeks from today and we still don't have a place to live (we're procrastinators and a little out of our league in figuring this housing stuff out). Marcus and I are going to our new city of residence for the next two days to hopefully find a place to live so we can move.

I think that's about it. The babies are nuts, Eli climbs on everything and then falls and then we repeat. The poor boy is looking like he's been in a fight. Emerson fights going to sleep each night which is really not so awesome. The other day I actually had to resort to driving her around in the car until she fell asleep. I thought that was something a 14 month old would grow out of. I so do not look forward to nighttime around here with her.

Off to house hunt in the morning (and then a random side interview thrown in there on Tuesday).

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Ugh. I can't believe the other job called you. Hoping things work out for the best for you on the job front. Hugs.

Good luck with the house hunt tomorrow!

~Jess said...

Yea, I'd say that other job calling throws a wrench in things...just as you think you have a game plan.

Thinking about you guys and praying you find a place quickly.