Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th!!!

Or as I'm fond of quoting since 2005 when I spent July 4th in Zimbabwe, "Congratulations on your day of independence." (Which is what I was told by one of the students I was working with over there.) We had a really low key 4th around here. Marcus, bless him took the babies this morning and I slept in until 11. I don't know what's wrong with me but I've been really exhausted lately.

We stayed around home until 5 when we left to over to my moms house. That's pretty much of the extent of it. We don't usually do a whole lot on the 4th but it was nice just to have a day of nothing.





It's so impossible to get a picture of these two together these days. I too so many pictures and ultimately it worked best for Marcus and I to hold their hands so they would stay still. 

Always trying to escape.

We did watch a few fireworks tonight as well. Emerson was so cute. She just kept staring at the sky and smiling at as they went off. Eli didn't really seem to care one way or another about them. 

No comments: