Thursday, October 22, 2009

One year ago today...

I found out I was pregnant. It was the 34th month since we started trying for a baby, and I was completely shocked. I was so sure it was another failed month, and just a few days prior Marcus and I were discussing if we would continue the next month. Our tiny lifetime max. had already run out and this, our successful cycle, was completely out of pocket, and we didn't know if we could afford another month immediately.

It's crazy to think about what the last year has involved. Countless doctor appointments and ultrasounds, a total of 8 weeks of bedrest (3 weeks modified) and 5 weeks of that strict hospital bedrest, a delivery I wasn't awake for at 32 weeks, the NICU, tons of worry, and now the crazy exhaustion, frustration, and joy that comes with parenting twins.

There are still moments when I look at them and can't believe they're finally here. We finally have our family. There were moments when I truly doubted that would ever be a reality.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I got chills reading this...your twins are such a blessing! :)

Jessica White said...

The long roads we've traveled... :-) I remember getting your email and jumping up and down!