Thursday, October 15, 2009

Giving "report"...

While on bedrest in the hospital and then during Eli and Emerson's NICU stay I became very familiar with my nurses and how at the end of each shift they gave report so the nurse taking over would know what had happened with (me) or the babies the previous shift.

It occurred to me today that Marcus and I, like the nurses, have to give "report" to one another. So we know who's eaten, how much, how the babies have been, if the baby has pooped yet, and all those very exciting things. Marcus left for class this morning and forgot to write down who he just fed, when, and how much. So I was texting him to get all of that information, lest I attempt to re-feed the same baby.

We do this pretty much every day because as soon as Marcus gets home I have to go to class or vice versa. It would be nice to be home at the same time someday. (Although today we get to spend 5 hours together since I don't have classes this week and Marcus has the day off, too bad it's raining/sleeting/snowing).

No comments: