Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The babies won't nap...

and they won't sleep and I'm tired. I don't know what their problems are but they refuse to nap on any consistent basis and they need to nap. Not napping just causes them to have meltdowns because they're over tired and over stimulated. Plus I can't continue to function with two crazy babies who refuse to nap.

They are also reverting in their sleep. Emerson used to go consistently from 7 until 3 without waking but these last few days she been waking up 3 or 4 times and Eli is even worse. I'm tired. Really really tired. I don't know what to do. They won't eat any more than they're eating during the day so I know some of the waking is because their hungry, but we would all just be happier if we could figure out this sleep thing.

As a side note Emerson has discovered that she can blow bubbles with her spit, as a result she's a little spit and drooling machine. And she constantly blows bubbles, plays with her spit in her mouth, and sticks out her tongue it's hysterical and a huge mess.

2 comments:

Becks said...

I've heard that putting rice cereal in the bottle can be helpful in getting babies to stay down longer at night.

I can't remember, how old are they? Are they old enough for solids/cry-it-out? That might also be helpful :)

Queenie. . . said...

ALthough it's counterintuitive, I've heard that putting them to bed an hour or so earlier makes them sleep longer, and better. When they're overtired, it can be even harder to get them to sleep sometimes. It's worth trying an even earlier bedtime for a few nights, to see if it works!