Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Itchy Skin... **update**

My skin is out of control. My stomach, back, and legs itch non-stop and they have for a couple of weeks now. At first I didn't pay much attention to it or even connect it to the pregnancy but it's to a point where I can't stop itching my skin. I emailed my doctor to see if

a.) it is related to pregnancy,
b.) if it's something I should be concerned about
c.) how do I make it stop.

There's no noticeable rash, but I'm so uncomfortable all the time. Hopefully she'll get back to me quickly. (I did a quick google search on itching in pregnancy that was a bad idea, there are many scary things associated with itching). I'm just going to wait for the doctor.

******UPDATE******
The doctor not only emailed me back but called as well to tell me that I needed to come in for an appointment as soon as possible. I'm going today at 2:20 and they're going to determine if it's something serious. Damn it who knew that itchy skin could actually be a problem It's not in anything that I've read and I honestly didn't think I needed to tell the doctor sooner. Hopefully it's no big deal.

No comments: