Tuesday, December 16, 2008

11 Weeks (late)

I've been meaning to post this for days but well finals and studying put a huge damper on all of my other activities, and I should mention that taking finals while pregnant is one of the worst ideas ever. These babies simple refuse to allow me to stay up long enough to study. There were moments when I physically couldn't keep my eyes open any more and had to go to bed, the babies are dictating my schedule whether I like it or not. I wonder if it will be better or worse to be in the third trimester during finals in the spring?

Anyways not a whole lot to report. I've been waking up in the middle of the night starving and in the morning if I don't eat immediately I feel really nauseous. I keep waiting for the nausea to go away completely but it ebbs and flows. Some days I feel fine and other day I gag and dry heave all day fun stuff.

Last friday, per the request of my OB I saw a nutritionist. The verdict I'm not eating enough. Which is so frustrating because I eat when I'm hungry and I just feel like the amount of food I'm suppose to eat is so unrealistic. It's so much. I'm also a really picky eater (which the nutritionist picked up on right away) and so it's a struggle getting in all of the food groups. Although she did give me a few tricks that I didn't think of. Like the fact that fortified orange juice counts as a fruit who knew? Also things like pudding have calcium in them, so I'm trying, and Marcus made me a list of food for the day, and then left a variety of snacks on the table for me to take while I was studying. He takes such good care of me the worrier that he is.

I also told my three good friends at school. Their reaction was priceless. They're all so excited and can't wait for babies. (Which I'm grateful for because I'm hoping that enthusiasm will translate to some help should my class schedule require it). I did find it interesting that when I said it was twins, one of the first questions was, "Did you use fertility drugs?" Then they also remembered that twins run in my family... weird. I'm also so grateful that none of them have asked if this was planned. I hate that question and it's a sensitive subject for me. These babies were so planned, but again whether they were or weren't it's really not anyone's business.

That's about all for week eleven. We have our NT scan on Thursday so we're excited for a nice long look at our babies (especially since they should look like babies now and less like gummy bears).

And since I started last week I guess I'll continue with the belly pictures. Week eleven (I was using my belly band for the first time as my pants by the end of the day are a little snug, but I moved it for the purpose of the picture). Marcus and I notice a difference but I still think it's mostly not obvious to anyone else. Oh, and in a little over a week we finally get to tell our family. I can't believe we actually kept the secret for the last few months. When we tell I'll be 13 weeks. It'll be nice to have someone I can ask questions too. So many times I've wanted to pick up the phone and call my aunt, but I think it'll be worth it to tell in person.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm sooooo happy for you guys! I think you look great for 11 weeks with twins!