Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Remember the scene...

from Cinderella when the little mouse Gus-Gus is trying to pick up a bunch of the chicken feed. He uses his chin for leverage and stacks as many as they can only to have them all fall again.



This is by far my favorite scene in the movie (random I know, but I love it). When I was younger I often tried to duplicate his strategy using a variety of things, just to see how much I could carry.

Eli's never seen the movie but he sure did nail the skill:

I was so amused when he came out of his play room carrying his blocks just like GusGus haha. 
Eli didn't quite understand my amusement he kept asking, "what mom?"

On a different note in the latest on funny things my kids say. I have a tendency to call Emerson a little turkey. I have no idea why I just do.

The other day she was begin silly and I said, "Stop being a little turkey"

And she looked and me and said, "you're a ham" 

Then she said, "I not a turkey, I'm just a Emmy" funny girl.



2 comments:

Jessica White said...

Definitely a favorite of mine too....Gus-Gus is just so sweet, as is Eli.

I call Avie a goose all the time lol

Becca and Kent said...

Why hello! I saw your comment on my blog and thought I'd stop by--I'll have to look around a bit. Your twins are darling!

The rug I have in my living room is actually kind of a happy accident. A few weeks before we bought our house I found that rug on Pinterest, pinned it because I thought it was cute, and then completely forgot about it.

A couple weeks later I was at an overstock home furnishings store in Logan, Utah, and I found this darling rug--bought it, brought it home, and it wasn't until a few days later that I went back on pinterest and was like "Oh! I bought the EXACT same rug I wanted!" Awesome.

If you're willing to spend the full price for it, the original rug came from hautelook.com. A great place for less expensive rugs that I'm eying is http://www.shadesoflight.com/

Good luck!