Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nativity Scenes...

I love Nativity Scenes. Especially, because there are so many that are so unique. In another life (A life where I had unlimited resources) I would have made a point to collect a scene from each country I've been too. However, since all of my international traveling thus far has been on a student's budget that didn't happen.

Here are the three I currently have in my possession.

This is the scene I've had the longest. It's an expensive set from Wal-mart I think. We got it the first year we were married and it's been a part of our Decembers for the last 9 years.

This is the Willow Tree Nativity Scene that my mother-in-law bought me several years ago.
I love it and that camel is the one that Emerson couldn't stop kissing.
This one is probably my favorite. I had it made by a local artist in 2005 while I was in Zimbabwe. It's made out of the stone that's so prevalent in the country (my brain isn't working right now so I can't remember what it's called, anyone know?)  and was hand carved just for me. The price was astounding to me too, only $20 for a hand carved set. I think it's so unique and I love it. 


1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I love your nativities: Especially the willow tree (I would love one of those myself). What a great idea to get a nativity from your travels! We usually just get ornaments.