Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm starting to wean...

Tomorrow marks 19 weeks of pumping and I've reached the point where I just can't do it any more. I don't have the time and energy. This is not a decision I take lightly, I have weighed the pros (babies continuing to get breast-milk and all the added benefits that go along with it, especially going into cold and flu season), and the cons (time consuming, I'm tired, I'm busy, I hate it etc.) There are days when it is literally almost impossible for me to find the time to pump.

So for my mental well being I'm done. I'll slowly be cutting back on pumping sessions and I hopefully will be completely weaned before the pump that I've been renting from the hospital is due back. I think I know it's really time because I feel at peace with this decision, and when I considered it before I really didn't. I had hoped to make it 6 months but that's just not going to happen.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I don't blame you: It is a lot especially with all that you've got going on.

I said to Matt the other night, that I have no idea how you're managing twins, grad school, internships and all the other things you guys have got going on.

If stopping makes things even the slightest bit easier, then it's worth it. *hugs*