Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review: A Good American by Alex George

Alex George tells the story of new immigrants to American. By chance the two young immigrants arrive at their new home in Missouri not knowing anyone and not speaking a word of English.

This was a beautifully written book. With the story being narrated by later generations telling the family story. As characters, history, and story intertwine and this family learns what it is to be an American. That idea and looking different for each new generation.

I loved the writing and the character development in this story. The author has the unique ability to weave this story together in a beautiful way that will make you laugh and cry. Alex George tells a story of what it is to a be a new person in this country, town, and even family.

Beautifully written and I highly recommended it!

You can read more and join the conversation here!

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is the book I bought when I took the twins to Barnes and Noble. I couldn't leave without one you know, so I saw it, I grabbed it and I bought it. Then I noticed you had it on your bookshelf at home. I almost started it this morning but I picked something else instead. I'll read it next.