Thursday, February 7, 2013

First Week Down...

The week isn't quite over but tomorrow is my day off, so I'm calling it over for all intents and purposes. Marcus started his job on Monday and we did okay. He has to leave the house at either 5:30am or 6am. He rides his bike to the nearest train station and takes the train into the city. Aside from this morning when his 4 alarms didn't go off, and he he had to ride his bike to a further train station that's all been going well.

I've also mostly done okay juggling the kids and work on my own. Marcus packs their lunch at night before he goes to bed, so that's one less thing I have to figure out in the morning. On Monday they don't have school so they hung out in my office with me.

The played, colored, watched movies, and surprisingly I was able to get work done. It helps that the senior pastor has monday off so I don't have to worry about them disturbing other people.

Tuesday was a little bit rough. The both climbed into bed with me at 7am. Next thing I know it's 9:30am. They never, ever sleep that late. They're suppose to arrive at school by 9:30am. We were all out of sorts, they both had some weird symptoms, they were crying about not wanting to go to school, and since all that happened they spent another day in the office with me.

This was less good. I had some meetings planned and they were not super helpful with all that. Marcus had a really good laugh at my inability to get the 3 of us out of the house at a normal time. I'm exhausted all the time, (this is related to my crohns, my job, my kids etc.) I struggle with constant exhaustion and fatigue in a really profound way. I've been lucky that Marcus has been able to help with morning duties for so long.

Wed. & Thurs. were golden. Up at 8 out the door by 9 and in fact this morning we were out the door at 8:45am. So we're surviving.

Eli & Emmy are getting used to not having their dad 24/7. Every morning this week they've asked, "Where daddy go?" And when I tell them he went to work their response, "AGAIN?!"

"Why daddy have to work again."

Marcus is enjoying his job thus far. He's in training and has an exam tomorrow. He has to pass that exam and an exam next friday in order to keep the job. So prayers this all continues to go well. I've never seen him study so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Marcus on finding a job. And you, oh my, you are doing so well adapting to the changes. Hope with each day it gets a little easier for you. Your family is so adorable. Cindy