Sunday, June 6, 2010

Job interview...

I had my phone interview today for a job I really really want (and can I just say I despise phone interviews. I'm much better in person). It was an interview with 6 people on the other end so I was on speaker phone and it made hearing really difficult.

I'm not feeling overly optimistic about how it went. I just don't really have a good feeling about it. I was so prepared for some of the standard questions I assumed they would ask and had spent a ton of time researching and preparing lots of things I hoped to share (based on the job description and my previous interview) but they didn't ask any of those. So I stumbled out answers, really long winded answers (which is another reason I hate phone interviews. In person you can gage body language and get a sense for if people are with you or if they have a puzzled horrified look on their face). So it was a lot of me talking... they kept saying, "Wow that was a very thorough answer." Which I took for code as, "Holy crap you talk a lot."

Then during another question I totally spaced out mid-answer. I had no idea what I was talking about, what the question was, I just paused awkwardly, apologized and fumbled my way through it after being reminded what I was about to say.

They interviewed all top 3 candidates today via phone and I know I was interview #3. The whole thing was over really quickly and now I just wait and hope that I'm remembering things worse then they actually were.

Now I wait and hope for the best.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Eek! I hate talking on the phone period. For an interview I think I would just run and hide.
I would think since they interviews were all via speaker phone they'll take that into consideration when deciding.

I'll be praying that you get good news!