Friday, June 4, 2010

2709 Miles later...

and we made it yesterday! (Well we made it to our hometown where we both grew up, we'll be staying here for a bit while we continue our job search. Interview on sunday *fingers crossed*). I think I blocked out just how awful the drive across the country is because I don't remember it being so bad three years ago. Nebraska and Wyoming are currently among my least favorite states as they seem to stretch on and on and on.

I suppose part of it is we were trying to get here as fast as possible so we traveled those 2700 miles in our moving truck pulling our car in 3.5 days. We pulled into town around 1:00 and immediately went to go see our babies who stayed with my sister. They were so excited to see us. Emerson kept jumping from my arms to her dads back and forth as though she couldn't decide who she wanted to see. And Eli... well he was just delirious with excitement. He was rolling all over the couch and smiling and laughing randomly.

We also pulled into town in time for my littlest sisters high school graduation (there's no rest around here). Today Marcus and I are dragging (as in barely functioning as we work to put all of our belongings in storage, handle the babies, and essentially destroy my in-laws house as we invaded every corner it seems).

I so can't wait until we get somewhere permanently and can start the new next stage. I hate this in between chaos.

4 comments:

Marcus said...

Awful just Awful. I am glad it is over and glad you came along with me

Queenie. . . said...

Glad you guys made it safely-good luck at your job interview!

Carlita said...

Happy to hear that you are home. How in character that you don't even get a second to rest. Here's hoping for a great job interview, getting settled quickly and maybe even just a liny bit of boring for once!

Jessica White said...

I don't envy you guys at all that drive. I kept looking on the map to see how much further you had to go. Hopefully the next move (big or small) is the last one you have to do for quite some time.