Sunday, October 21, 2012

I did it...

What did I do you may ask I survived what can only be described as the longest week of my entire life. I pretty much moved into the church and never left, it has not been a healthy work/life balance at all.

Here's a rundown of what I did:

~ 2 counseling sessions
~Wrote 2 sermons
~ Preached at 3 different servies
~Assisted with the homeless service
~Launched our new young adult service
~Planned and officiated a Memorial service with 450 people in our church
~Preschool open  house
~Read 2 books
~Fellowship with the young adults until 1am
~All the other normal weekly work things

Plus had two sick kids.

sometimes a quick nap between services is needed. I told Marcus not to let me sleep through the service. Although considering the senior pastor was gone today I think someone might have come looking for me at some point.


Good times, good times, but I made it mostly. 

2 comments:

Jessica White said...

Goodness! You deserved that nap, and a few more too!

Queenie. . . said...

Wait, you read two books?

Sometimes, "work-life balance" has to be considered by looking at the month as a whole. Maybe you can even things out a bit by not working so hard in coming weeks?

Didn't Marcus have a job interview recently? Any news?