Thursday, April 5, 2012

Caught up in Holy Week...

I haven't had much time for anything but work this week. Three services plus a morning prayer service = my head is swimming.

Today at choir practice I was trying to remember which song went with which service haha. I have to say though as busy as this week is for me I love it. There's something so powerful about creating worship experiences on Holy Week.

I love that I get to do things outside of our normal ritual, to invoke emotions, and the Holy Spirit. Tonight while service communion was one of the Holiest experiences I've ever had.

Something was just different tonight. Different than the communion service on sunday, and different than the communion sundays' I've done for the past 9 months.

Eli giggled through the entire service. He was taking Marcus' nose and throwing it away and apparently this was super hilarious. This of course made Marcus laugh so my boys had to excuse themselves a couple of times during the service. I didn't mind though, it's way better than the alternative.

Emerson sat really well with a couple of members from the congregation and I was just relieved I didn't have to hold either one of them tonight.

Good Friday service tomorrow and then Easter on Sunday, where I will do my first baptism!

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

Praying for you through the business. Yay for a baptism!