Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2: Morning Prayer...

About 5 weeks ago I started a 6 am prayer service that meets every Wednesday. My congregation picked the time (I gave them the option of morning, noon, or evening). I'm not a morning person so at first I was really dreading the 5:30 am wake up time each week.

However, I've grown to really love the 30 minutes of focused prayer every week. I find that even though I'm the one leading the service that I still get to be in a meditative place of prayer. (Often when I lead worship on Sundays it's hard for me to actually feel like I'm worshipping). I love it but leading it is very different than participating. Prayer isn't like that. I can fully lead the service and participate too.

I love that I have that space each week, and faithful members of my congregation who join me in prayer each week. I also love that all the prayer requests I see on the various forums and from my friends and family I can intentionally lift up those concerns.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

It is a blessing to be able to let down and just worship and speak with the Lord...even more so with a group of like-minded people :-)

Glad your early wake up is worth it.