Thursday, November 20, 2008

8 weeks and a bigger scare...

I keep waiting for a week when everything goes okay but apparently no such luck. Around 5:30 I was having some significant cramping in my lower back and uterus. So I laid down to take a nap. When I woke up at 6:30 I was bleeding heavy red blood, and it hasn't stopped.

It's way worse than the bleeding at 5 weeks, at the doctor at urgent care did very little to alleviate my fears. There's nothing to be done right now I'm just suppose to rest and then they'll try and get me in to see the doctor before our already scheduled ultrasound. I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm so so scared and so is Marcus.

I don't understand why this keeps happening. I'm praying that everything is okay with our babies. I'm so scared.

The on call doctor was also kind of a jerk about the fact that in his words, "You're only 24 what were you doing see an RE?"

Really not the appropriate moment to make stupid assumptions about a persons fertility based on age.

This has been the week from hell for so many reasons and this really doesn't help. Not to mention I didn't go to an important event for my internship tonight and I know that I'm going to have to offer an excuse. I'm really not in the mood to discuss my pregnancy issues and concerns with my 60 year old male supervisor.

No comments: