Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster

Here I Go Again is Jen Lancaster's newest work of Fiction centering on the life of high school mean girl Lissy Ryder. When her fabulous adult life starts to fall about 20 years later, and she reaps what she sows at her 20 year high school reunion. At an all time low Lissy Ryder get's the rare chance to do it all again.

I'll be honest, I was skeptical about this book. I would classify it as pretty typical "chick-lit" and the first part of the book did not hook me. Lissy Ryder is an incredibly unlikeable character and she spoke like a teenage, valley girl, of some sort that never grew up.

It dialogue and writing didn't ring "true" in the beginning. However, as the book progresses the writing and flow evens out and we being to see different sides of Lissy Ryder, we get a little more depth into why she is who she is, and we see as she wrestles with the ripple or butterfly.

Will she give up a fabulous life to help ensure the happiness of others? Is she capable of redemption and change, and does she get or deserve or happy ending?

You'll have to read the book to find out. This book is a fun, really quick read. I read it in about 2 hours. A light, fun read with an interesting approach to answering the questions above.

I'd recommend it if you're looking for a book that doesn't require much attention, if you want to remember your high school "glory" days, whether for good or bad, and who wins in the end.

To read more and join the conversation go here

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own."

No comments: