Thursday, March 7, 2013

My hope...

A couple nights ago I heard Eli & Emerson sneak down the hallway into my bedroom.

They brought their turtle which projects starts onto their ceiling set it up on the bedside table and climbed into our bed.

When I walked in to check on them they were snuggled together and looked so cute that I let them stay, I tucked them in, told them to stay put, be quiet, and go to sleep.

As I was leaving the room Emerson said, "mom can we talk?"

I told her as long as they were quiet.

As I walked out of the room I heard them whisper to each other, "Good night, Eli"

"Good night"

I hope they're always close to each other.

I have five sibilings so I know how complex sibling relationships can be, but as I watch them play, support, encourage, stand up for, worry, and bicker with each other.

I hope that they'll always be that way. May they always want to whisper good night to one another.


No comments: